Human Rights & Equity
*Apply Now: 2016 Provincial Human Rights and Equity Team Expression of Interest*
The ONA Provincial Human Rights and Equity (HR&E) Team is comprised of ONA members and staff with a mandate to promote ONA’s development as an inclusive and equitable organization.
The team is seeking to attract participants to represent ONA Members with Disabilities, Francophone members and members who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) on the Provincial Human Rights and Equity Team. Please note that you must belong to the respective equity group.
The term for team members is for 2 years, and membership terms are staggered to ensure continuity.
Complete the Expression of Interest form below and return it by regular mail, e-mail or confidential fax, no later than November 27, 2015.
Document Download: 2016 Provincial Human Rights and Equity Team Expression of Interest Form (English and French)
Submit completed applications to the attention of:
The Office of the President,
Suite 400, 85 Grenville Street,
Toronto ON M5S 3A2
Fax: (416) 964-8864 in Toronto or toll free 1-866-964-8864.
The Human Rights and Equity Team is a diverse group of members and staff bringing forth a rich mixture of knowledge and experience that the team members possess. Our Team's Vision is to:
- provide a venue for fair and impartial consideration of issues, including member-to-member harassment.
- respect and value the diversity and integrity of the Team, ONA members and staff.
- promote ONA as a leader in human rights/equity issues in Ontario.
- be accountable to membership and staff through the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer/Chief Administrative Officer.
- promote increased involvement of the equity groups in the activities and leadership of ONA.
- further ONA's Vision.
The team is comprised of 10 team members (six from membership and four from staff) allocated as follows:
- Chair: Vice-President, Human Rights and Equity Portfolio
- Designated Membership Equity Groups:
- Members of Aboriginal Descent.
- Members with Disabilities.
- Francophone Members.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Members.
- Racialized Members.
Note: Every effort will be made to ensure there is membership representation from each of the designated equity groups.
- Human Rights/Equity Specialist and Labour Relations Assistant from the Provincial Services Team (staff).
- One member from Strategy Team/Team Managers (staff).
Your Team Members
- Pam Mancuso, Vice-President, Region 1 (Human Rights and Equity portfolio)
- Linda Haslam-Stroud (Ex-Officio)
- Benjamin Ramirez Jimenez
- Sarah Lacasse
- Linda Warkentin
- Yue (Lucy) Zhao
- Brigitte Goar
- Kapil Uppal, Project Manager
- Donna Walrond, Project Lead
- Kate Blair, LRA
Human Rights & Equity
Do you think there are enough registered nurses working to care for patients in Ontario?
My Union. My Contract. My Workplace.