Human Rights & Equity
Welcome to the Ontario Nurses' Association's Human Rights & Equity home page. Please visit the many resources and links in the Human Rights & Equity section to help you with HRE issues.
Download the latest Human Rights & Equity FAQ document: Harassment in the Workplace (August 2013)
English | French
The Human Rights and Equity Team is a diverse group of members and staff bringing forth a rich mixture of knowledge and experience that the team members possess. Our Team's Vision is to:
- provide a venue for fair and impartial consideration of issues, including member-to-member harassment.
- respect and value the diversity and integrity of the Team, ONA members and staff.
- promote ONA as a leader in human rights/equity issues in Ontario.
- be accountable to membership and staff through the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer.
- promote increased involvement of the equity groups in the activities and leadership of ONA.
- further ONA's Vision.
The team is comprised of 10 team members (six from membership and four from staff) allocated as follows:
- Chair: Vice-President, Human Rights and Equity Portfolio
- Designated Membership Equity Groups:
- Members of Aboriginal Descent.
- Members with Disabilities.
- Francophone Members.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Members.
- Racialized Members.
Note: Every effort will be made to ensure there is membership representation from each of the designated equity groups.
- Human Rights/Equity Specialist and Labour Relations Assistant from the Provincial Services Team (staff).
- One member from Strategy Team/Team Managers (staff).
Your Team Members
- Pam Mancuso, Vice-President, Region 1 (Human Rights and Equity portfolio)
- Michael Levey
- Anne Gervais
- Linda Warkentin
- Linda Belec
- Michelle Kennedy
- Kapil Uppal, Project Manager
- Linda Green
- Karen Sandercock