Human Rights & Equity
Important information about 2016 Human Rights and Equity Caucus Subsidies
The 2016 Human Rights and Equity Caucus will be held on Monday, November 14 at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto. The theme for this year’s Caucus education session will be “Mental Health – Stop the Stigma.”
Document Download: Important information about 2016 Human Rights and Equity Caucus Subsidies (English | French)
A limited number of subsidies are available to ONA members with entitlements who are not Local Coordinators and belong to one of the Equity groups, including Friends & Allies.
Document Download: 2016 Human Rights and Equity Caucus Subsidy Application Form (English | French)
Completed applications must be returned by mail/fax/email attachment to the Office of the President. Email and postal address and fax number are on the subsidy application form. Applicants must provide their ONA ID number on their application. The deadline for applications is Friday, September 9, 2016 and successful subsidy applicants will be notified by email by Friday September 30, 2016.
The Human Rights and Equity Team is a diverse group of members and staff bringing forth a rich mixture of knowledge and experience that the team members possess. Our Team's Vision is to:
- provide a venue for fair and impartial consideration of issues, including member-to-member harassment.
- respect and value the diversity and integrity of the Team, ONA members and staff.
- promote ONA as a leader in human rights/equity issues in Ontario.
- be accountable to membership and staff through the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer/Chief Administrative Officer.
- promote increased involvement of the equity groups in the activities and leadership of ONA.
- further ONA's Vision.
The team is comprised of 10 team members (six from membership and four from staff) allocated as follows:
- Chair: Vice-President, Human Rights and Equity Portfolio
- Designated Membership Equity Groups:
- Members of Aboriginal Descent.
- Members with Disabilities.
- Francophone Members.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Members.
- Racialized Members.
Note: Every effort will be made to ensure there is membership representation from each of the designated equity groups.
- Human Rights/Equity Specialist and Labour Relations Assistant from the Provincial Services Team (staff).
- One member from Strategy Team/Team Managers (staff).
Your Team Members
- Pam Mancuso, Vice-President, Region 1 (Human Rights and Equity portfolio)
- Linda Haslam-Stroud (Ex-Officio)
- Melissa Grenier
- Jackie Chesterman
- Colleen Taylor
- France O'Connell
- Brigitte Goar
- Kapil Uppal, Project Manager
- Lisa Siciliano, Administrative Assistant
Human Rights & Equity
Do you think there are enough registered nurses working to care for patients in Ontario?
My Union. My Contract. My Workplace.