Human Rights & Equity
Welcome to the Ontario Nurses' Association's Human Rights & Equity (HRE) home page. Please visit the many resources and links in the Human Rights & Equity section (at right) to help you with HRE issues.
*Important News about the 2015 Human Rights and Equity Caucus*
The Human Rights and Equity Caucus will be held on Tuesday, November 17 at the Sheraton Centre in Toronto. Applications for subsidies are now being accepted and the deadline for applications is Friday, September 11. The theme for this year's Caucus education session is "Challenging Racism in the Workplace."
Document Download: Human Rights and Equity Caucus Memo (English)
Document Download: Human Rights and Equity Caucus Memo (French)
Document Download: 2015 Human Rights and Equity Caucus Subsidy Application Form (English)
Document Download: 2015 Human Rights and Equity Caucus Subsidy Application Form (French)
The Human Rights and Equity Team is a diverse group of members and staff bringing forth a rich mixture of knowledge and experience that the team members possess. Our Team's Vision is to:
- provide a venue for fair and impartial consideration of issues, including member-to-member harassment.
- respect and value the diversity and integrity of the Team, ONA members and staff.
- promote ONA as a leader in human rights/equity issues in Ontario.
- be accountable to membership and staff through the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer/Chief Administrative Officer.
- promote increased involvement of the equity groups in the activities and leadership of ONA.
- further ONA's Vision.
The team is comprised of 10 team members (six from membership and four from staff) allocated as follows:
- Chair: Vice-President, Human Rights and Equity Portfolio
- Designated Membership Equity Groups:
- Members of Aboriginal Descent.
- Members with Disabilities.
- Francophone Members.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Members.
- Racialized Members.
Note: Every effort will be made to ensure there is membership representation from each of the designated equity groups.
- Human Rights/Equity Specialist and Labour Relations Assistant from the Provincial Services Team (staff).
- One member from Strategy Team/Team Managers (staff).
Your Team Members
- Pam Mancuso, Vice-President, Region 1 (Human Rights and Equity portfolio)
- Linda Haslam-Stroud (Ex-Officio)
- Benjamin Ramirez Jimenez
- Sarah Lacasse
- Linda Warkentin
- Yue (Lucy) Zhao
- Brigitte Goar
- Kapil Uppal, Project Manager
- Donna Walrond, Project Lead
- Kate Blair, LRA
Human Rights & Equity
Do you think there are enough registered nurses working to care for patients in Ontario?
My Union. My Contract. My Workplace.