Province-wide education over the phone – teleconnects – has been a great success over the past couple of years due to its easy access and replay options. Below are the various topic areas of teleconnects available and the dates for 2017 teleconnects. Topics and additional information for teleconnects will be posted as they become available.
Hospital Contract Interpretation
- January 31, 2017, 16:30-18:00 “Union Representation in Critical Incident Meetings/Communication”
- April 11, 2017, 16:30-18:00 “Job Posting Language – Competition vs. Seniority Clause”
- October 10, 2017, 16:30-18:00- topic TBA
Long-Term Care Sector
February 28, 2017, 16:30-18:00Canceled
- May 16, 2017, 16:30-18:00 “ONA Members and Performance Appraisals in Long-Term Care (LTC) Homes”
- October 3, 2017, 16:30-18:00- topic TBA
- January 10, 2017, 16:30-18:00 “Update for Nurse Practitioners”
- May 2, 2017, 16:30-18:00- topic TBA
- October 24, 2017, 16:30-18:00- topic TBA
Local Secretaries Teleconnect
- April 4, 2017, 16:30-18:00
Health & Safety
Human Rights and Equity
Additional materials and audio recordings from past teleconnects are housed in the Executive Members’ section of the website.
Professional Practice Teleconnect: Successfully Leading Members in the Professional Responsibility Complaint Process
ONA’s Professional Practice Specialists will explain the role and accountabilities of the Workload and Professional Responsibility Representatives and Bargaining Unit Presidents at each step of the Professional Responsibility Complaint (PRC) process.
Long-term Care Sector Teleconnect: ONA Members and Performance Appraisals in Long-Term Care (LTC) Homes
This teleconnect will provide leaders with a better understanding of ONA members’ role and responsibilities in the Employer’s Performance Management/Performance Appraisal process.