Legal Expense Assistance Plan (LEAP)
Date:Tuesday September 24, 2019 - Tuesday September 24, 2019
Time: 09:00 - 16:30
Location: Ottawa Conference and Event Centre,200 Coventry Road,Ottawa
Contact: your Local Coordinator or Bargaining Unit President
Servicing Team: East District Service Team
Registration Deadline: Tuesday September 03, 2019
In this workshop, the learner will:
• Receive an overview of the Legal Expense Assistance Plan (LEAP) and the work of the LEAP Team.
• Learn about the governing legislation for health care professionals in Ontario.
• Achieve a better understanding of the Complaints and Reports processes for professional practice and incapacity issues, and the plan coverage for these matters.
• Achieve a better understanding of her or his rights and responsibilities regarding coroners’ investigations, inquests and criminal matters, and the assistance available through LEAP.
• Learn about Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) proceedings, Ministry of Health & Long Term Care Inspections, and the assistance available under LEAP.
• Front Line Members
• Union Representatives, Bargaining Unit Presidents, Local Leaders
Back How to Register