Rocking Your Role as a Bargaining Unit President
Date:Thursday September 09, 2021 - Friday September 10, 2021
Time: 09:00 - 16:30
Location: Digital Meeting,
Contact: your Local Coordinator or Bargaining Unit President
Servicing Team: Membership Education and Events Team
Registration Deadline: Monday September 06, 2021
Registration Deadline: Monday September 6, 2021 at 08:30
Click here to register: https://www.ona.org/member-services/education-elearning/registration/
In this workshop delivered digitally via Zoom, the member will:
• Discover ONA′s history and achievements.
• Understand ONA′s structure and governance.
• Understand ONA′s dues structure and member entitlements.
• Define the role and accountabilities of the Bargaining Unit President.
• Learn how to conduct effective meetings.
• Learn how to prepare for negotiations.
• Understand the Bargaining Unit Presidents′ role in the grievance process.
• Understand the Bargaining Unit Presidents′ role in the Professional Responsibility Workload Reporting Process.
• Build awareness of resources available to support the role of Bargaining Unit President.
Interested in registering? Please contact your Regional Vice-President to obtain the registration form for this workshop.
Members can expect an interactive workshop as the tools and features available in Zoom provide the ability to share thoughts, discuss the topic at hand, watch videos, participate in polls and provide an anonymous evaluation of the workshop at the end of the session.
Members will need to have the following in order to participate:
1. A device that has good quality speakers, a microphone (this is usually integrated in newer devices), a web cam, and an internet connection.
2. The Zoom App downloaded on their device in advance of the workshop.
Target Members: new Bargaining Unit Presidents
Last update: Sep 27 at 15:45
Back How to Register Return to current month