Welcome to the Human Rights and Equity (HRE) Book Club!
Here, members and staff will participate in discussing a variety of books in a virtual forum. The HRE team will be looking for recommended reads by Canadian authors who have had an impact on equity groups – racialized members, members with disabilities, Indigenous members, Francophone members, and LGBTQI2S members. They also hope they can get an author or two to join the review!
Our Next Book
- “Moving Beyond Border: A History of Black Canadian and Caribbean Women in the Diaspora” by Karen Fynn
- “In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction” by Dr. Gabor Maté
- “From the Ashes: My Story of Being Indigenous, Homeless, and Finding My Way” by Jesse Thistle
- “Naturally Tan: A Memoir” by Tan France
- “The Boat People” by Sharon Bala
- “Frying Plantain” by Zalika Reid-Benta
- “Split Tooth” by Tanya Tagaq
- “The Centaur’s Wife” by Amanda Leduc
- “Mamaskatch: A Cree Coming of Age” by Darrel J. McLeod
- “We Have Always Been Here: A Queer Muslim Memoir” by Samra Habib
- “Washington Black” by Esi Edugyan