ONA mourns Stefanie Van Nguyen, RN
January 25, 2021
Dear ONA Members,
I am devastated to share with you the news that an ONA member working at Halton Healthcare Services in Milton suddenly and tragically passed away on the weekend.
Stefanie Van Nguyen, RN, was a well-respected registered nurse who loved and cared for her patients and coworkers, and who was deeply dedicated to her work as a front-line RN.
ONA is offering its full support to her family and our members at this difficult time. I know that this is a very difficult time for everyone, and I share in your grief.
The COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on many of us. If you or anyone you know needs mental health support or guidance, please talk to someone: a family member, colleague or friend. Below, are some mental health resources that you can access; please do not hesitate to reach out if you need support.
Mental Health Resources
- Wellness Together Canada: Go to WellnessTogether.ca for free mental health support, available 24/7. You can also access the service anonymously if you prefer. For immediate crisis support, front line workers are encouraged to text FRONTLINE to 741741.
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), Toronto
- St. Joseph’s Healthcare, Hamilton
- The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, Ottawa