Call for nominations for the positions of President, First Vice-President and Regional Vice-Presidents
June 30, 2017
Please find below the information regarding the nomination process to be followed for the above-noted provincial positions.
The Call for Nominations document includes:
- Letter from the Chief Executive Officer/Chief Administrative Officer.
- ONA Vision and Mission Statements.
- Election Policy.
- Instructions to Local Coordinators, Secretaries of each Chartered Local Association and all
Bargaining Unit Presidents.
- Résumé Criteria.
- Board of Directors’ responsibilities and duties.
- Board Members’ Code of Conduct.
- Nomination Form and Résumé Form.
- Notice of Date for Videotaping Statements by Candidates for President/First Vice-President.
The term of office for all positions is two (2) years, commencing January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2019. Please note that the timelines in this document are in keeping with the 2017 Constitution.
If you are interested in allowing your name to stand, a scanned copy of the completed Nomination Form and a MS Word copy of the Résumé Form must be returned to my attention via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm, on Tuesday, September 5, 2017. Failure to submit a complete nomination as above will render your nomination null and void.
Online voting (web and phone based) will be used for this election.
Voting will commence upon receipt of the Ticket of Nominations and conclude at 4:00 pm on November 1, 2017. Results will be available November 2, 2017.
We pride ourselves on being a democratic union with every member eligible to cast a vote. Thanks to all candidates who choose to run for these important positions.
ONTARIO NURSES’ ASSOCIATION
Chief Executive Officer/Chief Administrative Officer