The Education Brochure outlines the current educational opportunities for ONA members and CNSA students. The Brochure details everything you need to know about ONA education: workshop descriptions, provincial workshops and teleconnect details and our online eLearning platform.
Each year, the ONA Board of Directors selects a handful of workshops that highlight ONA work and the functioning of union business. The MEE Team schedules these workshops automatically in every ONA region in the province to ensure they are accessible for members.
In 2018, our Foundational Workshops are:
- How to be a Great ONA Unit Representative (full-day)
- Grievance Process (full-day)
- Professional Responsibility Workload Reporting Process (full-day)
- “Region’s Choice” – At the February 2018 Area Coordinators Conference, Local Coordinators choose any workshop (of any length) from the 2018 Education Brochure to be their 2018 Region’s Choice Workshop. Provincial Workshops are excluded/not available for selection, as are the 5 already established Foundational Workshops.
- Election Process at the Local and Bargaining Unit Level (half day) *New for 2018*
To view the content of our Foundational Workshops, please view our Education Brochure.
To find out when your Region’s Foundational Workshops are scheduled, visit our online Workshop Calendar.
Our provincial workshops are offered throughout the province to ensure their availability to membership.
In 2018, our Provincial Workshops are:
- New Bargaining Unit Presidents and New Grievance Chairs Workshop via Webinar
- Hospital Contract Interpretation
- Homes Contract Interpretation
- Making It Count @ Labour Management Meetings
- Making It Count @ Return to Work and Accommodation Meetings
- Making It Count @ Investigations and Disciplinary Meetings
- Health and Safety Caucus
- Secretaries Teleconnect
- Leadership Summit and Activist Camp
To view the content of our Provincial Workshops, please view our Education Brochure.
To find out when our Provincial Workshops are scheduled, visit our online Workshop Calendar.
“You Chose ONA. Now What?” is recommended for the leadership of that new Bargaining Unit as well as “Preparing Your Team for Negotiations.” To schedule your session, contact your Regional Vice-President. Please review ONA Policy 25.3 – Negotiations: First Collective Agreement or Pay Equity, and ONA Policy 26.9 – Educational Support Grant, for more information.