The Education Brochure outlines the current educational opportunities for ONA members and CNSA students. The Brochure details everything you need to know about ONA education: workshop descriptions, provincial workshops and teleconnect details and our online eLearning platform.
Each year, the ONA Board of Directors selects a handful of workshops that highlight ONA work and the functioning of union business. The MEE Team schedules these workshops automatically in every ONA region in the province to ensure they are accessible for members.
In 2017, our Foundational Workshops are:
- How to be a Great ONA Unit Representative (full-day)
- Grievance Process (full-day)
- Professional Responsibility Workload Reporting Process (full-day)
- Webinar Series: Leaders Representing ONA Members
- “Region’s Choice” – one of the following (selected by Local Coordinators at their October Area Coordinators Conference):
- Recognize and Report Violence in Your Workplace (full-day)
- Return to Work and Accommodation (full-day)
- 2 of the 5 workshops from our Health and Safety Series:
- Internal Responsibility System (half-day)
- Joint Health and Safety Committee (half-day)
- Violence: Be Savvy and Safe (half-day)
- The Power of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, ONA and You (half-day)
- Managing Disruptive Physician Behaviour (lecturette)
Our new Webinar Series: Leaders Representing ONA Members replaces our half-day New Bargaining Unit President Grievance Chair Checklist Workshop in 2017. It is a webinar series that comprises six segments and is offered three times in 2017. Each segment is about 1.5 hours in duration and is open to all ONA members and CNSA students. The schedule for these webinars will be developed by the MEE Team and published in December of 2016. These webinar series serve all five ONA regions.
To view the content of our Foundational Workshops, please view our Education Brochure.
To find our when your Region’s Foundational Workshops are scheduled, please visit our Education Calendar.
Our provincial workshops are offered in all of our regions to ensure their availability to membership.
In 2017, our Provincial Workshops are:
- Leadership Conference
- Hospital Contract Interpretation
- Homes Contract Interpretation
- Making It Count @ Labour Management Meetings
- Making It Count @ Return to Work and Accommodation Meetings
- Making It Count @ Investigations and Disciplinary Meetings
- Health and Safety Caucus
- Treasurers Workshop
- Local Coordinators & Treasurers Workshop
- New Local Coordinators Workshop
- Provincial Coordinators Meeting and Biennial Convention Education Days
To view the content of our Provincial Workshops, please view our Education Brochure.
To find out when our Provincial Workshops are scheduled, please visit our Education Calendar.
“You Chose ONA. Now What?” is recommended for the leadership of that new Bargaining Unit as well as “Preparing Your Team for Negotiations.” To schedule your session, contact your Regional Vice-President. Please review ONA Policy 25.3 – Negotiations: First Collective Agreement or Pay Equity, and ONA Policy 26.9 – Educational Support Grant, for more information.