Welcome to the Ontario Nurses’ Association!
ONA was founded back in 1973 by 85 independent nurses’ associations from across Ontario to fill a much-needed void: providing representation, labour relations and services for health-care professionals by health-care professionals.
We have grown tremendously since then. In fact, ONA is now the largest health-care union in Ontario – and the only one in the province with a sole focus on health care. We are also Canada’s largest nurses’ union.
We are proud of our progress and committed to the ongoing fight for fairness, and high-quality public health care. We are powered by our members — 68,000 nurses and health-care professionals, as well as 18,000 nursing student affiliates — who provide care in hospitals, long-term care, public health, the community, clinics, and industry.
We’re in this together. We are one ONA.
Access ONA – Member Portal
ONA has created an easy-to-use online portal for our members. Access ONA is a convenient and secure one-stop shop, where you can:
- Maintain your personal records and contact information.
- View the ONA Workshop Calendar, register for education, and print certificates for completed courses.
- View your current jobs and learn about your Bargaining Unit.
- Submit requests for documentation.
- Access member-exclusive forms, resources and more.