Since its inception, ONA has been a leader on human rights issues that affect not only our members, but all members of our society. In 2015, ONA launched a human rights and equity initiative to champion human rights causes even further and to highlight major human rights and equity observances including:
- International Women’s Day – March 8
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination – March 21
- National Day of Mourning – April 28
- National Aboriginal Day – June 21
- Pride – Various dates across Ontario
- Labour Day – The first Monday in September
For each of these observances, we have developed resources including posters -both generic and customizable- to promote local events. Click below to download posters for these major human rights and equity commemorative dates. We have also prepared online news pieces with important information and resources to help you recognize and celebrate these important dates.